Home - Chermside & District History

Aspley School

Aspley State School opened in August 1890. The below photo was taken during its first year. The school was first known as Cabbage Tree Creek School, which was the name of the district before being named Aspley. Mr Wing was the Headmaster.

Aspley School, 1890
Aspley School, 1890. This photo was originally owned by Henry Cecil Carr, who is in this photo with his brother Albert Rupert Carr.

Aspley School, 1932
Aspley School, 1932

Aspley School, 1937
Aspley School, ca. 1937

Aspley School, 1938
Aspley School, ca. 1938

Aspley School, 1939
Aspley School, ca. 1939

Aspley School, 1940
Aspley School, 1940 - Grades 4, 5 & 6

Aspley School, 1942
Aspley School, 1942