Argo Sports Depot and Cycle Works (W.Argo and Sons) operated in a small shop next to the Dawn Theatre in 1932 for sales and repairs of bicycles and sporting goods. Purchased Sammells old store at the corner of Gympie Road and Hall Street about 1935 and vacant land next door. Built new shop for sales and using the corner building as workshop. A shed was erected behind new shop when manufacturing of bicycles begun. The process was: frames were constructed from steel tubes and lugs. These were braised together, then sand blasted, polished, primed, then painted. Hand lining was done to decorate. Bicycles assembled and transported to the wholesalers in the city. By 1939 eight men were employed. Business increased during the war and had to be completed with a skeleton staff. All employees returned after the war and stayed until the wholesale work fell away due to imports. The retail shop was used as the air raid warden's post during the war. The business closed in 1957 (Thanks to Margaret Argo for these notes).