Dedication of Children's Grave Lutwyche Cemetery
On Saturday 13th October 2018 at 9.30 am a short ceremony will be held to Dedicate a memorial to 90 children in a mass grave. The children were buried between 1899 and 1916 and many were stillborn. The eulogy will be given by Professor John Pearn.
The grave is located on the cemetery road at the second gate on Kitchener Road. The plaque was erected by the BCC at the request of Chermside & Districts Historical Society Inc.
The grave is situated along side the cemetery road and is about 16 meters (56 feet.) long. It is shaded by two large Casuarinas - Australian Native Pines or She Oaks.
Like Us on Facebook
Local History Books for Sale
History of Chermside and District $25
History of Chermside State School $25
Marching to the Trains $25
For more information on the details of each book and payment on line click on Publications on the left
Kedron-Wavell Services Club is a proud supporter of initiatives and organisations that strengthen the sustainability of our communities. Over the last 10 years the Club has donated over 12 million dollars back to non-profit and charitable organizations. Through our Community Grants Program we hope to make a real difference in the local community.
1st Sunday of each month 2 pm (except January)
Other Opening Hours
1st Saturday of each month except January 2 - 4pm.
Other times can be arranged by contacting Pat 3260 7384 or Bev 3350 2874
Community Benefit Fund
The Queensland Gambling Community Benefit Fund provided $27,219 to the Chermside & Districts Historical Society Inc to build this web site. Click on the logo to see the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation's information on grants by various bodies.
Examine the books we have for sale by reading a chapter or two from each before you buy. There is also our Newsletter which is available by email.